New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Getting into AI?

Ask HN: Getting into AI?
22 by juansg | 11 comments on Hacker News.
I'm a software engineer with ~10 years of experience in robotics and in more traditional full stack development. For the past year I've been looking at all the progress happening in ML/AI and each day I'm more convinced that there's a lot of game-changing stuff that will come out of it (what we're seeing with Stable Diffusion and GPT3 are some examples of this). I would love to pivot my career from traditional backend/frontend web development type work towards, but I'm struggling to put a plan in place. - What would be the main topics to learn? - What are potentially relevant companies to apply to? In the past I've been wary of companies throwing AI words around, as in reality many of them were just using some basic ML models and calling it ground breaking AI to hype investors and potential hires.

No comments:

Post a Comment