New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How to get a job as a compiler engineer?

Ask HN: How to get a job as a compiler engineer?
8 by amir734jj | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I have a BS and MS in computer science and I have been working part-time on my PhD in compilers for four years now. My research is about attribute grammars. I love my PhD research topic, it's challenging, fun and novel but I don't see it being used for any practical applications. I teach basic compiler course part-time as an instructor at my university as well. I work full-time as a backend software engineer at Microsoft. My goal is to actually use the concepts I spent so much to learn in my PhD in my career. Where should I start? What tool/library/framework is a must know for a compiler engineer? What are the companies that do exciting stuff in compilers? I appreciate any help. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment