New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Why can't I learn anymore?

Ask HN: Why can't I learn anymore?
57 by telman17 | 62 comments on Hacker News.
I've been a software dev for 15~ years professionally and over the course of my career have moved from front end to full stack and back to front end depending on the project. I make multiple 6 figures and by all accounts could be considered "successful". My most recent gig after working for years in React and Angular I've had to move to a new framework (Vue) due to project requirements that I did not write. As a senior contributor I'm expected to handle the complex stuff but after five months on the project I feel fatigued - like I just don't care enough to work on this project. I don't know if it's JS framework fatigue or the project itself or even depression. But I feel like after 15 years of doing this I'm getting "dumber" to the point where I question the most basic things in coding. It's rather discouraging. My boss is pretty cool and has kept an open door to let them know if I want to switch projects but I'm worried (without evidence) that if I say anything I'll be put on something even "harder" when I can't bring myself to write some simple JS these days. Anyone ever experience this? I'm in my mid 30s.

No comments:

Post a Comment