New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Would you buy a modern Toshiba Libretto?

Ask HN: Would you buy a modern Toshiba Libretto?
9 by atdrummond | 8 comments on Hacker News.
In my free time, I've slowly been putting together a proper professional's ultranotebook. For me, that's a screen under 10 inches, a keyboard that doesn't suck, connectivity, insane battery life. At the moment, I've frankensteined a machine with the following specs: Display: 7.8 inch eInk display, 300 PPI. 5 finger touchscreen. CPU: 2 (2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold – Cortex-A78) + 6 (1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver – Cortex-A55) GPU: Adreno 619 RAM: 4 GB LDDR4X but ideally min. 16 GB Connectivity: 5G/LTE, BT 5.2 Battery: 137.7 mAh, hit 144 hours on 115mAh set-up on intensive drain cycle in browser, no optimization for battery implemented OS-side yet. Just long enough so you also can rest on the 7th day. Typing: 60% keyboard with Cherry switches, low-profile OS: ChromeOS/Android/Linux all work. I'd like to port OpenBSD once I can sort some driver issues. I am confident, even with current supplier issues, this could be sold at under $1000 easily. My ideal price-point would be $699 but the likely one is $849/$899 based on comps for the parts and quotes I've received. Is this something anyone other than me is interested in? Or am I just crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment