New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Is Back End easier than Front End (generally)?

Ask HN: Is Back End easier than Front End (generally)?
20 by mouzogu | 18 comments on Hacker News.
I've been a "front end" guy since 2007. The pool of jobs I can fit gets smaller every year because I'm not a very good modern front end guy. I'm not good at animations, responsive layouts, pixel perfection, es6 The simplest task now so complicated, many edge cases. Things get deprecated (or sunsetted) so fast. When I open the chrome inspector there's 10 new features which I ignore. It's too much. I spend so much time googling obscure npm error to fix my local dev environment with each OS or package update. I lost confidence to apply for jobs because I don't have the will to study the things they will test me for. Has anyone made that move from front to back, do you feel it's easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment