New top story on Hacker News: Gitlab deletes then opens account to others without warning

Gitlab deletes then opens account to others without warning
9 by threatofrain | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I've been a GitLab free tier user for years, and just yesterday GitLab deleted my account and is allowing new account registration under the same name. No messaging at all, including emails about bad access. I didn't pay for support so I don't deserve any level of acknowledgment from GitLab, but I do give this warning without description of the rarity of incidence: Your account may be deleted without warning and opened for public registration, and someone can take over your public identity simply by registering under the same name. Be careful about using Deno with repositories under free GitLab accounts. There is no recourse and no channel for communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment